Monday, February 23, 2009

Spotify

My flatmate Tom recently told me about a computer application called Spotify. Download it, listen to all different kinds of music legally and for free. It's incredible. You can choose genres of music and time periods - for example, Jazz from only the '40s and the '50s, or Hip-Hop from only the 21st century. The possibilities are endless. I highly suggest downloading it and using it. It's a great way to discover new music. www.spotify.com

I think it was developed in the UK, so I'm not entirely positive that it will work in the US. I hope it does. Good luck!

-ZMG

3 comments:

Ariel said...

O.o is it kindof like pandora but UK style? I will check it out :) hope alls well!

Anonymous said...

sounds like the UK answer to Pandora, ahh my heart hurts.
McBlick

ps. the word I have to verify is "proboi" haha.

Anonymous said...

Another approach to music discovery is 'social music recommendation' based on the psychological perception of music. Our new service Music Patterns provides customized playlists based on music that 'People Like You' actually listen to.

Using a psychology-based approach to music preferences , this method combines your individual preferences with identifying those that are similar to your 'music personality.'

This new form of social music recommendation was developed from years of research in this area by best selling author Dr. Dan Levitin and our team at Signal Patterns.